Back in 2013, I made a simple prototyping board that was primarily for the Synapse Wireless RF266 module. I had included the larger RF200 module as an after thought. It wasn’t as good as I thought it could be.
So, I decided to improve the design. The knowledge that the RF266 has been EOL’d (End of Life’d) meant that the RF200 module would become the main resident on this board.
These are the improvements:
- All resistors are now 0805 instead of 0603.
- Both the RF266 and the RF200 footprints on it.
- Both modules’ signals are broken out to new 0.100″ headers.
- You can map the USB UART to the desired module with a zero ohm resistor population option.
- The pcb shape is a standard Sick of Beige 100x62mm shape so you can pick up a DP10062 case from SeeedStudio if you want one.
Some of you out there might be interested in this as a prototyping board so this is what it looks like.